I’ve encountered this before, but just ran into it again: Despite suggestions to the contrary, it is necessary (at least with Spring 2.5.5, ActiveMQ 5.1.0, and JBoss 4.2.2.GA) to set sessionTransacted=true in the DefaultMessageListenerContainer even when it’s set up to connect to an external JTA transaction manager. If I set sessionTransacted=true, then when my messageListener throws a RuntimeException, the message is rolled back onto the queue; if I don’t, it doesn’t.
- Life, death, and broken software
- Indexing only null column values in Oracle
- Change default runlevel (target) on Fedora
- Easy peasy JPGs to PDF conversion
- Mumps-style “dotted do” notation example
- Method signature joke
- How to have the bash prompt display the full current working directory
- How to remote restart your Windows PC
- Rough notes on SQL Server bulk insert
- How to change to a different schema in Oracle SQL Developer
- Writing a parameterized JUnit test
- Positive examples of positive and negative lookahead
- How To Set a Custom Color in a VB6 Form
- The mysteriously necessary sessionTransacted=true
- Book review: Are your lights on?
- JNDI without an app server? part 2
- Hibernate One-to-Many Foray
- Default view settings in Adobe Reader
- XA, JNDI and Bitronix, part 1
- Pardon me sir, was that an XA transaction that just rolled by?