A problem that didn’t show up until later
Posted by danielmeyer on December 31, 2008
The “deployment fails the second time” issue has been resolved, and the CI servers are back in business.
For those who may be interested, the problem turned out to be a Maven config issue in [the functional test project]‘s pom file.
(Note: you may need your techno-gibberish decoder goggles for the next details: )
In making ojdbc available to Liquibase for when we deliver schema changes, the ojdbc jar file got included in the war file. The config has been this way for several weeks, but we didn’t notice it until we just in the last few days got to the point of contributing Hibernate mappings, which starts the Persistence service, which needs ojdbc to actually work. At that time, the ojdbc jar in the war file fought with the ojdbc jar in JBoss’s server/default/lib directory, and just like when you were fighting with your sister over that cookie, nobody won and we got the NoClassDefFoundError.
(Or something vaguely similar to that.)
Thanks to [those who helped] for their help with this!
Now back to our regular programming…