I’m experiencing an issue where if I have my producer send 100 JMS messages to my ActiveMQ queue while a consumer is listening, the listener will pick up maybe 90 of them and then no more. This is not good! I need to find out why this is.
I’m running ActiveMQ 5.1.0 at the moment, but one of the suggestions I found was to upgrade to the 5.2.0 Release Candidate. I updated my pom to depend on that version, but since this artifact is not in the main Maven repository yet, Maven Eclipse couldn’t find it and I couldn’t build my project.
I had run into this type of thing before when I was trying out a Bitronix Transaction Manager 1.3 release candidate. What I needed was to add this to my pom:
<repositories> <repository> <id>activemq-5.2.0-release-candidates</id> <url>http://people.apache.org/~gtully/staging-repos/activemq-5.2.0</url> <snapshots> <enabled>false</enabled> </snapshots> </repository> </repositories>
- I got the URL from Gary Tully’s RC3 announcement post
- I made up the id – I don’t think it’s necessary in this case
That worked — after running what we call “Maven Eclipse” (
mvn eclipse:clean eclipse:eclipse), now activemq-core-5.2.0.jar shows up in my Referenced Libraries!